Add to your Witte experience with hands-on explorations of Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math at STEAM Sunday.
How do we know what we know about dinosaurs?
Inspired by the special exhibitions Antarctic Dinosaurs and Tyrannosaurs: Meet the Family, this hands-on workshop explores how scientists use fossil evidence to identify dinosaurs. You’ll think like a paleontologist as you solve your own fossil puzzle.
- Additional fee and advance registration required for event. Purchase includes all supplies needed for interactive workshop and collectible button.
- Non-participating family members are welcome (space permitting) and do not need to purchase a ticket.
- Recommended for all ages over 5.
- Program runs approximately 45-60 minutes.
- Participation in this event requires Witte Museum admission (sold separately), plus STEAM Sunday ticket for each participant 5 years and older.
- STEAM Sunday ticket sales close one hour before the program begins.
Antarctic Dinosaurs was developed by the Field Museum, Chicago in partnership with the Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County, Discovery Place – Charlotte, NC, and the Natural History Museum of Utah. Generous support was provided by the Kenneth C. Griffin Charitable Fund. Antarctic Dinosaurs at the Witte Museum is generously supported by HOLT CAT and Mary Pat and Mike Bolner Exhibition Endowment Fund.
Tyrannosaurs: Meet the Family is an exhibition created by the Australian Museum and toured internationally by Evergreen Exhibitions.